Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie (born January 7, 1982), professionally as Yul Edochie, is a gifted Nigerian actor, businessman, and politician.
He is named after the famous Russian actor Yul Brynner. Yul hails from Anambra State, Southeastern parts of Nigeria, He is the son of Nigerian actor Pete Edochie and also the last of his 6 children.
Yul grew up both in Lagos and Enugu, He got married at the early age of 22.
Real Facts About Yul Edochie
- Full Name: Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie
- Stage Name: Yul Edochie
- Born: 7 January 1982
- Age: 40 years old (2022)
- Place of Birth: Lagos, Nigeria
- State Of Origin: Anambra State
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Parents: Pete Edochie, Josephine Edochie
- Siblings: Gene Edochie, Leo Edochie, Uche Edochie, Linc Edochie
- Wife • Spouse: May Yul-Edochie (m. 2004), Judy Austin (m.2022)
- Education: University of Port Harcourt
- Children: Kambi Edochie, Dani Edochie, Karl Edochie, Victory Zane Chukwubuike Yul-Edochie, Star Dike Munachimso Yul-Edochie.
- Occupation: Actor • TV Personality
- Net Worth: US$3 million
Yul Edochie Early Life & Education
Yul Edochie was born on January 7, 1982, in Lagos, Nigeria. He is currently 40 years old in 2022,
Yul attended Lillians’ Day Nursery School and Robinson Street Primary School, Enugu between 1984 and 1992. His secondary education started from 1992 to 1998. In those 6 years, he went to four different secondary schools after he secured his West African Council certificate.
He got admission into the University of Port Harcourt, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Arts.
Yul Edochie Career
Yul Edochie debuted his career in the Nollywood industry at 23 when he was cast to play a role in The Acquires alongside Justus Esiri and Chidi Mokeme. Since that time, he featured in several other Nollywood movies.
His big break came in 2007 when he featured in the movie Wind of Glory alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Desmond Elliot. Since that time, he has continued to land versatile roles in the Nigerian movies that have been released.
Yul Edochie felt that the country was not doing enough to train the next generation of actors and actresses. Therefore, he established the Yul Edochie Academy in 2015 to train the next generation of actors and actresses.
Edochie is married to May Aligwe and their union is blessed with three boys and a girl. Their names are Kambi Edochie, Dani Edochie, Karl Edochie and Victory Zane Chukwubuike Yul Edochie.
On April 27, 2022, the actor revealed that he had taken fellow actor, Judy Austin, as his second wife, who is the mother of his 4th son. This news was met with backlash from many colleagues and fans.
Yul Edochie Filmography
- Prince Charming (2020)
- Battle of Lions (2020)
- My New Wife (2020)
- True Royal Blood (2020)
- Click Me (2020)
- Big Paper Boys (2020)
- Painful Will (2020)
- Run (2020)
- The Single Lady Next Door (2020)
- Moms at War (2018)
- The Billionaire That Ran Mad (2018)
- The Cruel Hand of Justice (2018)
- Enemies Must Bow (2018)
- Rich But No Rest of Mind (2017)
- Love Do Cost A Thing (2017)
- Punishment of the Gods (2017)
- Not an Ordinary Battle (2017)
- The God that Answereth by Fire (2017)
- My Sons Jealous Friends (2017)
- My Bad Criminal Sister (2017)
- The True Heir to the Throne (2017)
- Tears of Royal Blood (2017)
- Mysterious Family (2017)
- What I Fear Most (2017)
- Vanity of Life (2017)
- Tears of Victory (2017)
- The Prince and His Betrothed (2017)
- Rain of Hope (2016)
- The Secret of Riches (2016)
- The Chosen Wife (2016)
- Wicked Hand (2016)
- Cry of a Maid (2016)
- Mysterious Mistress (2016)
- Royal Maid (2015)
- Compound Fools (2015)
- Dowry Man (2015)
- Spirit of Battle (2014)
- The Mirror (2014)
- Innocent Couple (2016)
- Apostles of Lucifer (2014)
- Python Queen (2014)
- Eye of the Eagle (2013)
- Blind Choice (2013)
- Death Certificate (2013)
- Money Kingdom (2013)
- Restless Soul (2013)
- Bridge of Contract (2012)
- The End is Near (2012)
- Against the Law (2012)
- Sarafina (2011)
- Pleasure and Crime (2011)
- Unstoppable (2010)
- Tears of Hope (2009)
- My Loving Heart (2009)
- Kiss My Pain (2008)
- Wind of Glory (2007)
- Sleek Ladies (2007)
- The Acquires (2005)
- The Palace (Soap Opera).
- Royal Castle (Soap Opera).
- Tinsel (TV series) (Soap Opera)
Yul Edochie Net Worth
Yul Edochie has an estimated net worth of US$3 million. He has built up his net worth with the salary he receives from the acting roles.