Mercy Aigbe (born on January 1st, 1978) is a Nigerian actress, movie producer, director, and businesswoman.
She is well known for her intriguing roles in the Yoruba language movies.
Real Facts About Mercy Aigbe
- Full Name: Mercy Aigbe
- Born: January 1, 1978
- Age: 44 years old(2022)
- Place Of Birth: Edo state
- State Of Origin: Edo State
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Parent(s): Pa Aigbe (father), Abisola Grace Owodunni (mother)
- Spouse: Lanre Gentry (Divorced 2019), Kareem Adeoti (M. 2021)
- Children: 2
- Occupation: Actress, Producer, model, filmmaker
- Net Worth: N/A
Early Life & Education
Mercy Aigbe was born on 1st January 1978 in Edo State into the family of Mr. & Mrs. Aigbe, She is the second child in a family of five.
She is a native of Edo state.
She was born in Edo state but was raised in Lagos State, where she attended her basic and secondary school at Maryland comprehensive secondary school in Ikeja, Lagos.
She also attended Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo state where she received her OND in financial studies and also obtained a bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos.
Mercy Aigbe started her acting career with soap operas and later joined the industry fully in 2006 when she starred in the movie “Ara” which brought her to the limelight and hence became one of the most sought-after actresses in the Nigerian movie industry.
She has acted in more than 150 movies in both Yoruba and English scenes. She’s quite notable for the following movies; Afefe Ife, Okanjua, Ile Oko mi, igberaga, iro funfun, Ipese, mafisere, and many others.
Awards And Nominations
- Best actress in Yoruba at the City People entertainment awards
- Best actress in a supporting role, Yoruba movie personality of the year