Charli Grace D’Amelio ( born May 1, 2004) famously known as Charli D’Amelio is an American social media personality, dancer, YouTuber, actress, and TV producer.
She is a TikTok superstar who has gained fame for her self-titled channel. She has earned massive popularity for her dances with both viral routines and original choreography, montages, and lip-syncs.
Real Facts About Charli D’Amelio
- Full Name: Charli Grace D’Amelio
- Stage Name: Charli D’Amelio
- Born: 1 May 2004
- Age: 18 Years Old (2022)
- Birth Place: Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
- Hometown: Connecticut
- Nationality: American
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Parents: Marc D’Amelio (father ), Heidi D’Amelio (mother)
- Siblings: Dixie D’Amelio (sister)
- Boyfriend: Chase Hudson
- Education Qualification: High School
- Alma mater: King School, Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
- Occupation: Social Media Star and Dancer
- Net Worth: N/A
Early Life & Education
Charli D’Amelio was born on May 1, 2004, in Norwalk, Connecticut, united states.
She was born to the parents of Marc D’Amelio and Heidi D’Amelio and she was raised alongside her elder sister Dixie D’Amelio, who is also a social media personality.
Her father Marc D’Amelio is a former Republican Connecticut Senate candidate while her mother Heidi D’Amelio is a photographer and former model.
Charli had her education at the private King School in Stamford, Connecticut, before she began attending school virtually following her TikTok success.
Prior to Fame; Charli began dancing at the age of three and was a competitive dancer for over 10 years before her fame.
Charli D’Amelio started her career as a TikTok star. She started uploading interesting lip-syncing and dancing videos on her TikTok account alongside her close friend. She uploaded her first video titled Move With Joy on the application in the year 2019.
Since then she rose to immense popularity on the TikTok platform and mostly her videos content referred to dancing videos on trending songs. Later in the year, 2019 D’Amelio was signed by Sony Music’s management company named Outshine Talent and in the year 2020, she was signed with United Talent Agency.
In the year 2019, she was also invited by popular singer Bebe Rexha to perform alongside her during the opening performance of the popular American pop band named Jonas Brothers and in the same year, she also started a self-titled YouTube channel.
Later in the year 2020, she made her appearance in a TV commercial for Sabra Hummus along with many other celebrities. She along with her sister partnered with UNICEF for an anti-bullying campaign and in the same month she also released a video titled DistanceDance challenge on her TikTok account and partnered with Procter and Gamble to raise awareness about social distancing during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
After that, she made her acting debut with her appearance in the popular television series titled The Disney Family Singalong during the promotion of the song from the 2006 musical film titled High School Musical. The same year she also announced a podcast deal with the Ramble Prodcast network along with her sister.
She and her sister have been featured in the television special Graduate Together America Honor the High School Class of 2020. She also starred as Tinker in the animated children’s film titled StarDog and TurboCat marking her debut in the film industry.
Along with her filming career, she also becomes the brand ambassador of a popular braces brand named Invisalign and partnered with Morphe cosmetic brand.
She along with her sister launched a nail polish brand named Coastal Craze with Orosa Beauty in the year 2020. Along with her professional career, she also works as a philanthropist.
Recently, she openly expressed her support for the Black Lives Matter movement and also participated in various other fundraising and charitable events.
Charli D’Amelio has the following world records; the most followed person on TikTok, the first person to reach 50 million followers on TikTok, and the first person to reach 100 million followers on Tik Tok.
She is currently on 149.2 million followers with 11.3 billion likes on Tik Tok at the time of the article in 2022.
- StarDog and TurboCat -2020
- #KidsTogether: The Nickelodeon Town Hall -2020
- The Disney Family Singalong -2020
- Graduate Together -2020
- Here for It with Avani Gregg -2021
- Earth Day! The Musical -2021-2022
- Charlie Vs. Dixie Co-lead -2021-2022
- Hype House -2022
- Dancing with the Stars -2022
- If You Ask Me To- 2022
Awards & Nominations
- The Social Star of 2020 at People’s Choice Awards 2020- Nominated
- The Social Star of 2021 at People’s Choice Awards 2021- Nominated
- The Competition Contestant of 2022 at People’s Choice Awards 2022- Nominated
- The Social Star of 2022 at People’s Choice Awards 2022- Nominated
- Breakout Creator at Streamy Awards 2020- Won
- Creator of the Year at Streamy Awards 2020- Nominated
- Social Good Campaign at Streamy Awards 2020- Nominated
- Creator of the Year at Streamy Awards 2021- Nominated
- Creator of the Year at Streamy Awards 2022- Nominated [
- Lifestyle at Streamy Awards 2022- Won
- Favorite Female Social Star at Kids’ Choice Awards 2021- Won
- Favorite Female Creator at Kids’ Choice Awards 2022- Won
- Breakthrough Social Star at MTV Movie & TV Awards 2021- Nominated
- Global Creator at MTV Millennial Awards 2021- Nominated